Water is the main instrument you can use in cleaning carpets. Together with some cleaning chemicals, they have this teamwork on extending the life span of your expensive flooring.It’s a bit of hard work since you’re going to undergo series of elbow grease in able to make your carpets look good as new.
There are some people who are willing to exert their time and effort just to save some amount but there are some who don’t care that much on spending some dime for their carpet to be cleaned by cleaning experts.
But do you know that water can destroy your carpets if not treated properly?Unlike washing your clothes, washing your carpet is another thing. It takes a lot of time depending on the size and type of the carpet to be washed.
For carpet cleaning businesses, they prefer attending water damage training to learn professional cleaning processes that will serve as the key for its success on the restoration industry. But for those who love doing things their own way, here is how to properly wash your carpets:
- Make sure you are going to use the correct carpet solution. You can test it by pouring an ounce of carpet solution on a hidden part of the carpet and if it doesn’t discolor the surface, then you’re on the right track.
- Vacate the room from furniture and make sure the windows are open.
- Prepare the cleaning machine. Mix water and solution as instructed on the manual and pour the prescribed amount into machine.
- Turn the machine on starting from the corner furthest from the door. Make sure not to double-back to avoid foot prints.
- After cleaning, turn on the central heat to help dry the carpet.
Washing you carpets yourself seems easy but there’s one more thing you need to know. Cleaning carpets can be somehow toxic in your health especially if you don’t use gears such as gloves and face mask. You’re about to use some chemical that you can possibly inhale in time, and due to some respiratory problem, this might affect your body. So if you’re unfit to do this job, might as well look for someone to help you and don’t risk your health.
There are things to be considered before you do the carpet cleaning yourself. That’s the importance of carpet cleaning training, to make sure everyone has enough knowledge on the cleaning they’re about to do.